Online Legal Forms -- Click Here

How can I see my child if she and her mother live in another city?

Video: How can I see my child if she and her mother live in another city?

By: Steven Benmor, B.Sc., LL.B., Family Lawyer

Jurisdiction: Ontario (Canada)

I had a case of the summer where it was a child that had two parents, one lived in Toronto and the other one lived in Owen Sound. And they hired a mediator/pyschologist who came up with a very creative plan to allow the child to spend a lot of time with both parents. And that involved the one parent coming to Toronto one weekend, the other parent going to Owen Sound one weekend. It involved elongated weekends, you know from Thursday to Sunday, or from Friday to Tuesday. And it was a fantastic plan that allowed this child to have a really good amount of time with both parents. And these are the sort of things that even you and I may not be able to come up with but people who are specialists in the field who are child-focused come up with these sort of plans that work well. So … (click here for more)

Steven Benmor

(’First Take Live’ video clips courtesy of Dan Carter Productions. Original Broadcast: 2007) About the author: Steven Benmor practices Family Law in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Visit Steven Benmor’s online Family Law Resource Center for concise answers to many more frequently asked Family law questions, feature articles on Family law topics, dozens of links to other Family law websites, and more at The information on this page is for discussion purposes only. It is by no means legal advice or even a statement of the law on this subject. Please do not rely on the accuracy or completeness of this information. Any question or concern elicited by the information on this page should be taken to a lawyer who will consider the facts of each case and the legal remedies available.